Sunday, April 19, 2009

week 69, 70, and 71~! :D yeah!

Ha, ha, haaaa! That's right, totally got these up! Way to go me! Well, all the same I have an announcement. I am going to end 'Volume 2: The Characters' today and start Volume 3 next week of my 'Go Catering' comic series. Once again, I don't name the volume until I finish it so...yay for volume 3...next week!

Sara H., Melissa, and Me! So we got a new scheduler here at catering these past couple of weeks and this is my sort-of welcoming her to the job I suppose! I actually mentioned to Melissa that I had recently been scheduled on a lot of banquets that were easy where you didn't have to do much and she jokingly said "Maybe they're trying to tell you something...". That didn't go too well with me and my imagination, and as such this comic was born. But I decided that for this comic, instead of having my suspicions be true, that they'd be oh so wrong...as they most likely are! :D
Melissa W., Me, and Richard B.! This is another installment of the 'catering mafia' gag I started awhile back...So we had a capt's meeting where it was mentioned that the lunch captains hadn't been cleaning up after themselves. I would know, because I sometimes have to clean up said mess. So, as a warning, catering has a mafia and you WILL be interrupted during your CougarEat meal to pick up your stuff! Muahah!
Wait staff whose names escape me...and Me! Ah...oh so many times RM's will start speaking to each other in another language at catering. It's to be expected. But the next time it happens I am going to speak in French the whole banquet! ahha! So there!
Me and a Provo Cop! All I have to say is that I've yet to be pulled over by a cop, so NO this didn't actually happen.

Just a forward about these two comics. As an avid reader of my comics would know, I have a few characteristic characters that I like to draw; myself, Chris, Tammy, David, Joe, etc. That's why Volume 2 is called 'the characters'! I really started to develop them more! Since I also recently drew real people for the Feed the Fork newsletter, I decided I'd draw these characters as...more of their real selves than usual. :D So enjoy~!
Chelsea, Chris O., and Cory-Jo! If we went off who people were by my comics then we'd all be lost I think ;)
Joe S. and Me! Everyone has a little dinosaur in them. Mine was at a captain's meeting when I started to get a little to over exaggerated about something that annoyed me. I claimed that I was collect...but my fervor would suggest otherwise hehe...

5 comments:

Holly K said...

Feed the Fork newsletter? I feel left out! Why did I ever quit?!

Strawboat said...

haha! Well...at least you can read comics that you can sadly still understand... :D Feed the Fork newsletter is done by George Michael...so bug him if you are truly interested.

sararz said...

haha loved the police one! or as doug likes to refere to them as "rent-a-cops"

Unknown said...

Has never happened but certainly not outside the realm of possibilites and personally sometimes it's best if they walk away, sometimes it would be even better if they would keep on walking too. Love 95-98% of all catering staff but there are a few who should be drop kicked out a window from the 5th floor office! Or locked in the 5th floor prop room and left to deal with Lynne. Kind of a twisted Daniel in the lion's den that doesn't end quite so happy!

Strawboat said...

haha! :D Rent a cops and Daniel in the lions den...I think you've both just given me more ideas for comics hehe