Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 73 and 74~!

So yes, I skipped last week, but I still got around to it! Yay for me? :D Enjoy~!

Two Women's Conference Ladies and Me! This was my favorite quote from Women's Conference. It just fills me with such joy and completeness. Why you might ask? Because it is SO TRUE! I can relate. I didn't like Brownies all that much before I had BYU Brownies.

Miss Piggy, WC Lady, and Me! This happened, oh I don't know, about every time someone ordered a Pork Pita with Jerk Sauce for Women's Conference (WC)...oh, and if you were wondering...

The Catering Pita's
  1. Miss Piggy= Pork + Jerk Sauce (because she's one saucy pig!)
  2. Kermit the Frog= Chicken + Jerk Sauce (because Miss Piggy and Kermit always go together! My other reason that no one accepted was that frog tasted like chicken...)
  3. Colonel Sanders= Chicken + Sweet and Sour Sauce (Cause he sells chicken and he's sweet)
  4. Pirate= Pork + Sweet and Sour Sauce (Cause Pirates are sweet and sour! Like POTC!)
  5. Samurai= Pork + Teriyaki Sauce (I imagine you can see why...)
  6. Ninja= Chicken + Teriyaki Sauce (Once again...but Samurai's are cooler so they are the stronger sounding meat! Right?!)
  7. Cowboy= Pork + BBQ Sauce (Cause Cowboys use BBQ...and chicken was taken...)
  8. Big Bird= Chicken + BBQ (Cause BB stands for Big Bird! Plus, BBQ sauce is basically sugar...)
Me, James T. Kirk, Spock, and the Doctor guy! Come on, every one of us has thought of a famous Captain from a movie or book and wished that someone WITH that name would work for catering and become a captain!!! :DCaptain Moroni and Me! I figured whilst I was at it with the previous comic... Basically I had Capt Kirk and Moroni's facial expressions embody what I thought someone's face would look like if I told them this connection with Captains at catering and other, more famous, captains irl...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Another play-on-turms! I love them. How often have I had to translate catering turms when talking to people outside catering.

Holly K said...

PITAS! I missed pitas!:(

I thought about them all through Women's Conference.

Nancy White said...

LOVE the WC comic because it is so true!! Too many times I heard women talking about how they needed to go get their brownie supply :)

Strawboat said...

:D My other favorite was one time I said 'jerk sauch' and they thought I said 'dirt sauce' to which I responded "No, it's jerk sauce...but if we DID serve dirt, it would be amazing!" :D and they laughed :D

James said...

So... you should do a comic about the 10K bracelet recently lost. It even made the police beat recently

Holly K said...

I read about that! Was Catering involved in the bracelet incident?

James said...

Yeah, it was at the big presidents banquet. She asked all of catering to shake out all our linens to find it. As Nancy said, who wears a $10,000 bracelet, and as a member of the church just coming off general conference with the whole "Am I buying that for myself or my wife" comment why own a $10,000 dollar bracelet. That could pay for my video game habits for years!

James said...

And we all need to thank Holly for helping get the catering pita names started last year.

And I don't know how outdoor sales survived without me and Brian running the show and Holly "The pita expert" there to do her thing...

oh wasted memories...

Natalie said...

Muah ha ha I love it. I totally went to part of women's conference. I missed a day but when my mom came home she was loaded with book store fudge! So funny.