Tuesday, September 23, 2008

week 50

Hey guys~ So I skipped a week last week--I guess my sentiments of the week before caught up with me--but I did manage to get in some good comics this week! Enjoy~!Daniel, me, and customers! So I've been getting a lot of compliments about the food we serve these past few weeks (if not ever since I've worked for catering) and I noted the need to set the record straight. If you want to compliment the caterers, you should probably say something like "oh! Those carrots were placed JUST right on my plate! Best placed carrots I've ever seen!" or "The way you served me my plate in was so open and inviting! You must have SUCH balance."...things like that. So I decided to try and pay a tribute to our BYU chefs. Albeit I guess we choose who we get our food from to cater to our customers...but really the chefs are the ones that cook so awesomely...
Me! Ok so Richard B. (no I am not going to attempt his last name) suggested this scene from 'Mouse Trap' because of the copious amounts of rack-ups in the third floor kitchen for football. :D I did the best I could hehe.
Anastacia, Me, and Shanlee! So I have been miffed multiple times when pastry and veg prep take our carts or complain about not having enough or not having a cart to do a rack-up on, etc. to the point that I petition for more via a comic. Yes, the cry will forever go onward "Buy more Carts!"
Me, Kirk, Scott, and Tammy! All three of us were in Kirk's office asking about rack-ups and out of the blue I was chastised for pacing! I didn't know I had such power to unnerve Kirk, but alas with great power comes great responsibility...riiiiiight. Anyways...so I made a comic about it. I also remember that Tammy gave me the original idea...but I forgot what it was...it involved Tammy having a halo and me in a time-out chair but I forget the dialogue. Sad day...
Me! So when I organized the fifth floor prop room the other month I put the little cougar figurines in gargoyle-esk places for my own amusement. As the weeks went by I steadily noticed a decline in the amount of cougar figurines with heads. So much so that the fifth floor prop room began to have a rather eerie sense to it so that 'Beauty and the Beast' music would begin to play in my head.
Scott, Captain Sid, Tammy, and me! I had a banquet akin to this one whilst this one was going on and thought said experiences deserved depiction. :D

So what would you guys think if I gave the character that is 'me' in these comics an iconic name? See, I'm in the process of changing the cartoon version of myself. I've only changed it once before and that was when I first cut my hair drastically 6 years ago. So yes, I want to keep the character I've been using for 'Go Catering' and she needs a name...